Frequently Asked Questions
>> HOW DOES APEX-10™ WORK?
APEX-10™ works in 3 ways:
- APEX-10™ enhances the cationic exchange capacity, allowing soil to hold onto nutrients and water for longer periods of time, improving fertilizer efficiency.
- APEX-10™ is a food source for microbes in the soil, allowing them to transform more nutrients into crop available forms, which are necessary for crop uptake.
- Lastly, it increases the crop’s metabolism to allow it to take in nutrients faster and store carbohydrates for improved stress tolerance.
>> WHAT DOES APEX-10™ DO FOR SOIL?
APEX-10™ enhances soil health through flocculation, allowing for better water and root penetration. Also, it improves the biological activity within the soil by providing nutrients and food necessary for beneficial microbes to grow in population and activity. Lastly, it allows the soil to hold onto nutrients and water, which enhances a crop's durability. Additionally, this reduces the amount of fertilizer used.
>> WHAT DOES APEX-10™ DO FOR CROPS?
APEX-10™ enhances the crop’s ability to perform to its maximum genetic potential. It improves chlorophyll production and photosynthetic activity in crops for increased respiration. And third, it allows the crop to increase its carbohydrate reserves and hormone levels for improved stress tolerance.
>> WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF APEX-10™?
There are numerous benefits of using APEX-10™. It is environmentally friendly and OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) listed in the US as organic and safe for use on anything that grows. University testing and real world applications prove that APEX-10™ provides a valuable return on investment by:
- Enhancing Fertilizer & Water Efficiency
- Increasing Crop Turgidity
- Enhancing Soil Nutrient Retention & Making Nutrients more available to the crop
- Dramatically Reduces Potential of Root Loss under stressful conditions
>> WILL APEX-10™ EFFECT GROWTH REGULATOR PROGRAMS?
APEX-10™ does not harm crops under growth regulation and will not interfere with any growth regulator programs being used in conjunction with labeled rates. It may speed up the intake of chemicals, providing a faster response.
>> HOW WILL APEX-10™ AFFECT PESTICIDES THAT I ALREADY USE?
APEX-10™ enhances the uptake of most pesticides being used under labeled rates, allowing for increased efficiency and a faster response of the chemicals being used.
>> DOES APEX-10™ WORK BETTER ON SILTY LOAMY SOIL THAN SANDY SOIL?
No, both soil types will experience benefits. Sandy soil conditions see the benefits of adding APEX-10™ to build the microbial population over time; if you choose to alternate APEX-10™ between top dressing applications they will begin to add organic matter into sand, creating healthier, less sterile soil conditions.
>> DOES APEX-10™ HAVE IRON IN IT? IF SO, HOW MUCH?
APEX-10™ is not fortified with Iron. Through its unique molecular structure, APEX-10™ helps N, P, K, Ca, Mg, Cu, Fe, & Zn in the soil become more soluble and available for crop absorption.
>> HOW CAN I MIX APEX-10™ WITH IRON OR OTHER MICRONUTRIENTS?
Typically, APEX-10™ is safe to mix with micronutrient packages which contain small percentages of iron. However, some micronutrient packages with high rates of iron might experience clumping when mixed with APEX-10™. A simple jar test can be utilized to check for chemical compatibility.